lørdag

The loud American in Oberammergau

As I have said before, it was a fantastic experience to watch the Passion Play in Oberammergau. It was also a rare experience to be a part of an international audience in a theater where the stage language is not English.

My theater seat was in the middle of a bunch Americans, or at least it felt like it, as they tend to be a bit loud. As I was seated in the middle of a row, you sort of get stuck for a while before the the show goes on. During these minutes you pick up a lot of information. This lady behind me has four grandchildren and the youngest put his finger in the socket and got electric shock. She lives some place in Minnesota and drives a Volvo station wagon.

I noticed that there were a lot of Americans in the streets of Oberammergau. A funny thing was that they appeared in groups, they spoke loudly on the shuttle bus and bought a lot of woodcarved figures in the shops. But the Americans are always polite and easy to get in contact with, so if they speak a bit loud, I still like them.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...